Sunday, December 17, 2006

Ridiculously Proud

of myself.

I'm on a diet (weight watchers - which I'd recommend to anyone trying to lose weight), and doing pretty well. I'm getting ready for my weigh in today, but in the last month I've lost almost 10 pounds. But that isn't what I'm so proud of.

I'm proud that I called my mother-in-law before shabbos and said, "Hey, I'm kind of worried about staying on my diet," because I know you made a lot of unbelievably fattening foods, "so could I bring a veggie platter?"

I'm proud because it's really hard to say to your mother in law, "hey, I don't trust you to make food I can eat, so I'm gonna bring my own." But I did it, and I basically stayed on program. So I'm proud of myself for making the call, and I'm proud that I was pretty good.

Yay me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

In my mother's defense, all of the fatty foods were deeeeeeelicious, and i oinly gained 4 measly pounds eating them. Some poeple are just way too picky :)

Hila said...

Good for you! I love weight watchers...I have to admit I've gone a bit off the derech lately and have gained back a lot of the weight I've gained since I went back to school, but I do believe in the program itself. I'm glad you stuck to the program even when faced with temptation! Happy Chanukah!

-Hila